Monday, September 26, 2005

They've learnt to Rock alright !!!


I was there !!

Yep.... After deliberating for more than a week (due to the alarmingly increasing prices for concert tickets !), I finally gave in to the temptation of MLTR... But boy, it was totally worth it !!
I managed to get into the 2nd Row (Thats right, baby !!) from the stage.... It was probably as close as u can get to the real thing...

The show started on a mellow note.. with the guys singing a few new-n-not-so-popular numbers...
But "Complicated Heart" & "Strange Foreign Beauty" got the crowd going....
"25 Minutes" & "Breaking My Heart" followed & by this time the crowd was in full swing & thirsty for more...
Then they started belting out one hit after another.. "Sleeping Child", "Someday" (Which, not surprisingly, drew the loudest cheers), the rocking "Angel Eyes", "Paint My Love" & more....
The best part for me was when they played "Wild Women".... It is one of my favs, but I really didn't think they'd play that !! That was simply terrific !!

The final number was "That's Why", ending with a superb elongated guitar piece by the amazing Mikkel Lentz, the Lead guitarist ( & the elvis lookalike !).

By this time, every single person in the crowd was just swaying to the music & totally enthralled by the ambience it created...It seemed that the band was really enjoying it & they played to the gallery with perfection. As always, we never wanted it to end...

The most striking aspect of this concert was the reproduction quality of the music... It sounded almost the same as it does in the albums... I guess a lot of that has to be attributed to the unique voice of Jascha Richter, their lead singer & the most recognizable face of MLTR...

Way to go dudes... :)

No comments: